[dba-Tech] Rip your old LPs

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed May 24 22:43:04 CDT 2006

Stuart,
Thanks for that link. So far I haven't undertaken vinyl transfers. The
cassette tapes went horribly wrong. I experimented a few months ago with
different methods and eventually bought a "PlusDeck" unit which is a 5.25"
cassette tape unit that mounts in the PC. None of the software works very
well so I used to it to feed SoundForge but about the time I got everything
figured out with my test batch of tapes I found that the vast majority of my
cassettes just don't work anymore! They have a load squeal to them when
playing :o(

Maybe I'll have more luck with the vinyl - I hope!

John B.