[dba-Tech] security apps

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat Nov 4 15:00:54 CST 2006

Since the issue came up over on DBA-OT I thought I'de post it here too.
There have been some changes over at Grisoft, the Makers of AVG Free
anti-virus.

If you go o their main website the free versions are a chore to find. But
they have a separate website for it that makes it a cinch:
http://free.grisoft.com

I've been testing the Anti-Spyware for awhile now. It used to be called
Ewido Anti-spyware. Highly recommended!

For all of you that have "home" computers, Grisoft's license agreement
allows you to download and install it for free. It runs full version for 30
days and then shuts off some of the more advanced features but it still
better than any other free alternative.

I highly recommend that all home users who refuse to pay for quality
security products download and use AVG Free AV, AVG Free AS, and Zone Alarm
Free Firewall. I have them all installed on my wife's laptop so that I can
keep on top of them. In fact, IMO, this combination is better than many of
the security packages you must pay for!