[dba-Tech] FW: AN Old Dog of a Machine

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 08:23:02 CST 2006

Dear List:

I'm trying to save a machine for a friend - Dell Inspiron 8000 with 128MB of
memory and Windows ME.  Adding memory is not an option - costs about the
same as a new machine.

Anyway, I'd like to wipe the hard drive but it won't let me.  When I try
Format C:\ at the command prompt it says there's some process using the hard
drive and won't format(I have the Windows ME restore disk).

There's no floppy so I can't make a bootable floppy disk.

The drive is loaded down with a bunch of crap.  I'd just like to wipe it and
start fresh.

How can I get this disk wiped?

MTIA,

Rocky