[dba-Tech] Software on a USB Drive

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 09:47:33 CST 2006

True.  Can a 100GB flash drive be far off?  And at a price competitive with
a hard drive?

Do you know anything about their reliability?  Ever hear of a flash drive
failing? And are the speeds of reading and writing comparable?

The 8GB one I used seemed to generate a lot of heat.  I wonder if they will
degrade quickly from their own heat.

Rocky