[dba-Tech] Wireless on an ME laptop

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Sep 8 10:57:29 CDT 2006

Dear List:

Friend of mine, psychologist, recently upgraded an old laptop with ME to a
real computer (Dell with XP, etc.)  He wants to put the old laptop in a
second office with the old printer, and give that machine internet access.
The old box had high speed through the NIC.  He would prefer not to run a
wire so I’m thinking that a wireless router, and USB access point (the old
box DOES have USB ports) on the ME box would do the trick.

HOWEVER. I’ve read a lot on the lists about what a piece of dog poop ME is.

So if anyone knows of a reason why this operating system should not be
joined in holy matrimony to this wireless router let him speak now.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334