[dba-Tech] OT: Is anyone into controllers?

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 27 06:40:33 CDT 2006

When I was doing a program at the screw company, I used the serial object
that comes with VB (not vba).  I think it was an OCX IIRC.  I placed it on a
form and hooked the events up.  I could then program the uart (start, stop
parity, baud) and then read/write the buffers.  The only issue is that the
object is part of VB and you have to have some kind of license installed on
the machine.  It was a while ago and I don't remember the details.  I do
know I wrapped it in a class however.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting