[dba-Tech] Blocking read receipts in Outlook 2000

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.eu
Thu Apr 5 06:52:59 CDT 2007

I'm pretty sure there is an option in Exchange Server 4.5 not to send
"read and receive" receipts that internal clients like Outlook would
send.

In a standard install it is turn on by default (not to send receipts).
I believe you can find it in the SMTP connector in the system
administration in Exchange server.

I tought also Exchange 2000 has this function somewhere in the SMTP
connector, but according to the article not...
So I'm not really sure for EX 2000.
Anyway, since you have 4.5, I'm pretty certain it is there because I
always needed to turn the option off...

So even if Outlook send a receipt/read confirmation, The SMTP connector
of Exchange will not relay it.

Greetings
Erwin