[dba-Tech] Tour of an app??

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Wed Apr 11 16:20:39 CDT 2007

Can anyone recommend a program for recording a tour of an app?

The program that I've been working on for too many years (and that I learned
Access to write) is nearing completion. It is aimed at people whose
background is steam fitting (think plumbing with higher temperatures and
pressures). They don't have much computer expertise.

We'd like to prepare tours of the program with voice-over's, pointing, and
special captions. This should accept inputs similar to the program's so the
user can guide the tour. My partner (a steam fitter) will be preparing the
tours so we'd like it to be easy to use and to redo a part of a tour.

Ideally, the recording program would produce an exe file so it can be run
without an installation procedure.

Finally, we'd like it to be cheap.

Any ideas?