[dba-Tech] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Aug 13 03:22:04 CDT 2007

Hi John

You wrote:
---
This concept of using gmail as a filter is certainly intriguing, but unfortunately all the spam comes in on my jwcolby address which I do not want to expose to eternal archiving.
---

Well, archiving may not implement more than performing a backup which most ISPs do regularly in some way. We don't know what Google does but my guess it that they don't do anything which cannot be used for selling more adds. Reading e-mails do not add to this while indexing and finding patterns may do. But again, we don't know.

If privacy is of true concern for you, don't use e-mail or at least encrypt it. Remember always to regard a normal e-mail as an open postcard; you never know the route it traveled, nor which eyes may have browsed it.

/gustav