[dba-Tech] Filling Word fields

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:43:18 CDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, but what if there are lots and lots of possibilities -- like in the case
> of zip codes -- can Word maintain a list on its own -- kind of like a
> reference list or something? I don't even know the right terminology to use
> for Word -- so I apologize.

Not easily it can't. It would all have to be hard coded into the macro.

If there is a large amount of data, then it should really be in a DB,
or at the very least an Excel spreadsheet. Then with either format,
your reader can use automation from within Word to compare the value
in Text1 and put the appropriate value in Text2.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"