[dba-Tech] Excel question: go to a named range?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:38:03 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have three similarly named ranges in a worksheet. Depending on values
external to the ranges, I need to populate various cells in one of the three
ranges. Each range consists of a column containing titles and a column to
contain the values. I know how to select a range, but I don't think that's
what I want to do. Instead, given external value A I want to go to the range
corresponding to A and enter values into its second column. I want to go to
the named range's first cell (well actually, the first cell in the second
column). Is there a convenient "relative" way to refer to the cells in a
range, relative to the first cell, something like offset?

TIA,
Arthur