[dba-Tech] DVD to iPod

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 09:15:31 CST 2007

Hi all,

A friend wants to copy a dvd to his iPod. So far the iPod doesn't recognize
the file format. Has anyone successfully done this? His iPod has about 10 GB
of space, so in theory he could copy the entire movie, but I think he only
wants selected tracks. It's hard to tell what's what, but I can see several
extensions when I read the disk using DVD Decrypter:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP

(The pattern above continues to VTS_02, with the remainder of the filename
as above.)

Anyone know what these extensions indicate? Is there a way to convert these
files to a format iPod understands?

Thanks,
Arthur

P.S.
If you haven't seen Best in Show and you like comedies, put it on your list
of movies to view. We watched it after last night's turkey dinner. We'd all
seen it a few times already, but it's so good and so subtle that all of us
noticed things we didn't catch in previous viewings. It's about show-dog
people and their culture.