[dba-Tech] DVD to iPod

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:12:47 CST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 10:15 AM, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend wants to copy a dvd to his iPod. So far the iPod doesn't recognize
> the file format. Has anyone successfully done this? His iPod has about 10 GB
> of space, so in theory he could copy the entire movie, but I think he only
> wants selected tracks. It's hard to tell what's what, but I can see several
> extensions when I read the disk using DVD Decrypter:

What you will need to do is rip the DVD (or selected tracks) to
another format, AVI, WMV, etc. And then from there convert those
formats to the iPod video format (m4V IIRC). Once in m4v then that can
be imported into iTunes and synced with the iPod.

I don't have any specific software recomendations, since I don't have
a video iPod

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"