[dba-Tech] Excel formula

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:31:39 CST 2007

Concatenate the values returned by MONTH and YEAR (eg. =YEAR(A5) &
MONTH(A5)) for the sumif?

Or if the datasource is sorted by date, then perhaps the subtotal by the
concatentate value mentioned above
(ie. FILE --> DATA --> SUBTOTAL...)?

Billy

On 2/20/07, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at setel.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use SUMIF to keep a running total of monetary values, by a
> date value in another column. I think SUMIF's the way to go, but I'm not
> getting it right -- I don't know how to tell the formula to use just the
> Month component of the date.
>
> I have two columns: Date and Fee. I want to see a third column that sums
> the
> values in Fee when the month and year in Date are the same.
>
> Anyone know how to do that?
>
> Susan H.

Billy Pang
http://dbnotes.blogspot.com/
"Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." -
Italian proverb