[dba-Tech] SETI Finally Finds Something

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Fri Feb 23 06:42:25 CST 2007

| SETI Finally Finds Something                                       |
|   from the laptop-phone-home dept.                                 |
|   posted by samzenpus on Wednesday February 21, @21:21 (It's funny.|
|   http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/21/2326240      |

[0]QuatumCrypto writes "SETI at home is a distributed processing client from
UC Berkeley that installs on the volunteers' home computers and harnesses
their processing power in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
So far nothing noteworthy has comeout of this massive project... that is
until today! One of the volunteers was able to [1]track down his wife's
stolen laptop using the IP address that SETI at home client reports back to
the server. After getting back the laptop his wife said, 'I always knew
that a geek would make a great husband.'"

Arthur