[dba-Tech] Creating an auto start CD

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:04:07 CST 2007

craete a file called "Autorun.INF" in root of cd.
in it, put in the following contents:

[autorun]
OPEN=myprogram.EXE
ICON=myicon.ICO

however, i'm not sure if it works all the time as autorun can disabled...

On 2/28/07, Hale, Jim <Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com> wrote:

> I want to place a catalog (it is in HTML  or can be a PDF file) on a CD
> and
> auto open it when the CD is inserted. How is the best way to do this? What
> if I want a simple menu to pop up offering a catalog to open or an order
> form? Does anyone know of as simple program that can do this? TIA
>
> Jim Hale

> The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
> If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and
> delete the material from any computer. As a recipient of this email,
> you are responsible for screening its contents and the contents of any
> attachments for the presence of viruses. No liability is accepted for
> any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Billy Pang
http://dbnotes.blogspot.com/
"Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." -
Italian proverb