[dba-Tech] E-Mail Client

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jan 3 07:45:54 CST 2007

Hi Bryan

Yes, David Harris is a sensible man with an ego of an artist. One spoke hard to him and offended he was; no more candy to the kiddies. He wouldn't survive here in the North.

We use GroupWise here which easily matches your list. But it's a server product so I don't think that will help you much.
But how about Thunderbird:
  http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Also - at a cost though - The Bat! is excellent:

  http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

/gustav

>>> carbonnb at gmail.com 03-01-2007 14:21:46 >>>
Today is a sad day. My beloved Pegasus Mail, which I've used since '94
when I first got online, is no longer being developed :(

What is everyone else using? I'm not switching right away, but I would
like some options, other than Outlook and Outlook Express, neither of
which I like.

My needs from an e-mail client are not huge, but very, very specific.

1) It HAS to have excellent rules/filters capabilities. Pegasus has
the best AFAIC, and I need something that comes close. I've got in the
neighbourhood of 400 rules that are processed when I get new mail.

2) It HAS to have the ability to NOT run any sort of scripting in HTML mail

3) It HAS to be able to only display and send plain text, but the
ability view HTML mail If *I* choose.

4) It CANNOT use IE as the rendering engine for mail.

Not huge requirement, but very specific.

Any suggestions that I can look at?

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com