[dba-Tech] MS Binder

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jan 14 05:26:43 CST 2007

Hi Arthur

People and small companies are generally not very "advanced" computer users - and for those few that are, their clients or customers or suppliers they communicate with are not.

That's why I don't see a glorious future for things like SharePoint server. Most users just don't get it, and people like us - who are supposed to be able to find out the inner ideas and secrets of such products and spread the word - are busy with other tasks.

/gustav

PS: Having Word to keep hold on 200 documents - in some confident way - would kill my sleep. Wouldn't there be another way to do this - like a true document store or database?

>>> artful at rogers.com 14-01-2007 02:56:55 >>>
So I have the O2k virgin installed already. I don't want to trap myself though. I suppose that I can experiment, reading a couple of dozen files into a Binder wrapper, and see what happens.

I wonder why they dropped it. I would have thought such a technology to have legs. Example: combine several Word documents, several Excel worksheets and several Access reports into one file, with intelligent pagination. Am I the only guy in the world who needs to do this? Perhaps.

A.