[dba-Tech] Mouse quit working...

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Jan 17 22:44:38 CST 2007

I just remembered, I have this really neat IBM optical (corded) mouse that I
carry with my notebook. Its real comfortable in the hand. Its made by  micro
innovations and just re-branded by IBM.

It works great and then next time I boot up the notebook it won't work. I
switch USB ports and it'll work again until next reboot. (I now carry
another cordless mouse with me too but when the battery dies I use the IBM.)
I always figured it was a short in the cord or something but that was really
quite a hopeful swag. I never found any rhyme or reason for it. I downloaded
the drivers and that didn't help.

You can Google up dozens of driver download places. Don't pay for nay of
them because there are some free sites with thousands of drivers. You will
probably have to register though.