[dba-Tech] Exporting from Outlook to Excel

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sat Jul 14 14:28:16 CDT 2007

I tried the exporting code I'm using to export Outlook e-mail messages to
Access with Excel. I created a new DSN first and hoped it would work. First,
one of the properties balked, so I commented it out. The new DSN didn't like
the recordset's Update property -- said I needed an updateable query.

Well, I just don't work enough with Excel VBA to know what the problem is.

Can I use an ADODB Recordset object to copy data to an Excel worksheet? If
so, is there a different Update method I should use?

Susan H.