[dba-Tech] Slow email

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Tue Jul 17 16:22:21 CDT 2007

I use plain text and my email is as slow as molasses, but that's not
Outlook, just my country bumpkin dial-up -- but I am going to cable in a few
weeks. :)

But, what John describes does happen to me occasionally. It's intermittent
and I have no idea what causes it. After a few minutes, it seems to clear up
on its own.

In August or September I plan to reformat and start over.

Susan H.

I assume that the offending email is not plain text. If you don't absolutely
need it in rich text or html, then open the email,  then Edit > Edit Message
and then Format > Plain Text. Close the message and answer yes to saving it.
I've never had your problem, but I'll bet that clears it up without having
to do that security tab bit every time.