[dba-Tech] International IE Settings

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:34:38 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:
> You may need a downloadable Windows Langage Pack installed
> What version of Chinese is being used as a locale there are 5
> You maybe missing a Font see below
>
> Set by
> Control Panel --> Internet Properties --> Language

Nope. Not missing a font, nice try :)

And it's actually Internet Properties -> Fonts

We both have the identical settings. Fonts and all.

> I have some test xml files displayable in IE for multiple languages
>  but no Chinese just 2 different Japanese

Are these freely available? If they are, I'd love to try and fine one
that checks Chinese.

> Have a look through Kaplan's Internationalize Blog
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/default.aspx
>
> Maybe
> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2007/07/07/3738133.aspx

Thanks. I guess this is evening reading after I'm done updating my resume.

> Defualt Fonts
> Simplified Chinese will default to using SimSun (fallback to PMingLiu,
> then MS UI Gothic, then Batang)
> Traditional Chinese will default to using PMingLiu (fallback to SimSun,
> then MS Mincho, then Batang)

We are actually using Arial Unicode MS

> http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/win2klang.asp

More reading.