[dba-Tech] Guest account

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Jul 30 23:10:52 CDT 2007

I've never heard of a networking reason for having it enabled before but
you're correct about the same account with the same password issue - which
is why it is disabled from a security standpoint. Since I got involved in
security in the early 90s the rule of thumb is never leave an account with a
name that everyone already knows. One reason "SU" and "Administrator" are so
dangerous out of the box.

Rich & Famous - I'll have to leave in on, eh?

I just thought I'd check it out before I de-crapify the machine and it was a
curiosity :o)