[dba-Tech] Looking for a printer/multifunction printer

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:48:13 CDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Rusty Hammond <rustykh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We're looking for a color printer for our HR person.
>
> Requirements:
> Printing pictures for ID tags
> Cover pages for Employee handbook - is a textured heavy paper (like card stock)
> Making copies of new employee paperwork
>
> The one that really seems to stump us with some of the printers we've tried is the heavy paper.  I've seen some laser printers that allow have an option to open a paper output tray in the back which allows for a straight thru paper path.
>
> Anyone out there using anything that they can suggest?

We've got an HP 4700 dtn that will print on 90 lb card stock with no problems.

I've used the regular printing path with no problems what so ever. I
know others that have had problems, but I personally haven't and I've
done runs of up to 20 pieces of card stock at once.

The biggest trick I've found with printing on card stock is don't tell
the printer that it's card stock. Tell the printer its regular paper.
Seems to work better.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"