[dba-Tech] Microsoft Expression Web Free Trial

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jun 26 11:53:18 CDT 2007

Dan (or any one else),

Have you used MS Expression Web on a site where other users are still using
FP 2003?

I have a situation where I have a (client) web site and one of the users who
has a sub site wants to buy a new computer with Vista on it. From what I can
find FP 2003 has some major issues running on Vista. So right now I'm not
saying she can use Expression Web for the sub site because I haven't had a
chance to test the results of this kind of interaction.

The main site and the sub site's should be totally independent of each other
and the sub site admins should be able to use whatever they want to maintain
their sub site. (I don't allow the person who maintains the main site to
edit on the sub sites at all (politics at its finest.) Up to this point
everything has worked well by requiring them to use FP 2003 so I'm a bit
leery of this changing anything until its been proven to work.

John B.