[dba-Tech] Word SpellCheck uses straight quotes instead of curly quotes

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Jun 27 18:01:13 CDT 2007

I'll give this a try. If it works, I owe you. ;)

Susan H.

First make sure "Replace straight quotes with Smart quotes" is ticked, on
the "AutoFormat As You Type" tab under Tools + Autocorrect; and if you want
to use a highlight in the replace, make sure the default highlight colour on
the Reviewing toolbar is set to the colour you want.

Here are macros and explanation
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/replacequotescontent.htm

Susan Harkins wrote:

>Here's something that drives me nuts. Word's default is curly quotes (I
>think it's the default). However, Spellcheck uses straight quotes if I
>enter a quote character. Why in the world would it do that? That means
>I have to remember to change the quote when I finish running
>SpellCheck. Is there a fix for that?
>
>Susan H.

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.