[dba-Tech] SQL Server 2005, IIS, and VPC 2007.

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 15:43:12 CST 2007

Hey,

I have SQL Server 2005 standard installed on my pc.  What I want to do is to
install SQL 2005 standard on XP Pro inside of a Virtual PC 2007 VM.  And I
have done that.

What I have not been able to do is access the SQL Server from my PC when the
VM is running.  I have turned on named pipes, TCP/IP, and one other one
(can't remember at the moment what it is).  I have also installed IIS onto
the VM also and was not able to access a Web Service from my machine.

What else do I need to do to allow my machine to see SQL Server and IIS in
the VM?

Thanks,
Bobby