[dba-Tech] Question about Word fields and custom properties

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Wed Mar 14 15:21:16 CDT 2007

I'm monkeying with a template. I have created a field on the title page and on subsequent page headers, that references the document title entered on the properties sheet. I want another field that prints a date on both the title page and subsequent page footers. Call this [Issue Date].

1. I can't figure out how to refer to a custom property as if it were a field. I cannot figure out how to insert this custom property. When I choose Insert Field from the menu, there doesn't seem to be a way to refer to the custom properties.

2. I can refer to PrintDate or SaveDate, which is good enough, but it prints the time too, and I can't figure out how to format it the way I want (mmm-dd-yyyy).

Incidentally, this is Word 2k.

Ideas?

TIA,
 Arthur