[dba-Tech] Old, Old Software

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Sun Mar 18 04:42:17 CDT 2007

Rocky,
I dont know what the TI-8000 Professional is, but if it is one of the PCs
which TI developed i the 80-s, you may be less lucky than you hope.
I remember that TI did have a 'better' technical solution, i.e., larger
memory (768? vs 640), but therefore they had to rewrite all software,
including DOS (which was done in Brazil). I had such machine in 1989/90.
Pretty soon they gave up as they found thy would never be able to win this
fight against Microsoft and Intel.
So, if it is this family, you might be better off rewriting the application
to run on todays PCs.
much luck
Lembit