[dba-Tech] Web Site Problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Mar 18 20:32:11 CDT 2007

On 18 Mar 2007 at 18:00, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access  wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> Two questions someone may know the answer to.  I'm using Front Page 2003
> BTW:
>
> 1) I have a text box with some text in a non-standard font.  So on another
> machine which doesn't have that font, it defaults to like Times New Roman.
> Is there some way to fix it so that it displays in this font I picked?

A Browser can only display fonts which are installed on the machine
it is run on.  If using a non-standard font, you should specify
alternates which most users are likely to have, including a final
"generic" such as serif, sans-serif,cursive, fantasy or monospaced.

Where none of the specified fonta  are available, the Browser will
use whatever has been set as the default for the above generics.
These defaults  can be set by the user.  In Firefox, look at Tools-
Content-Fonts&Colors-Advanced.

> 2) I have a hyperlink to a wav file.  The link works in IE but not > in  Firefox.  Does anyone know how to liven this link in Firefox.

Links generally work fine in FireFox.
Either there is something strange about the HTML or the PC in
question has a problem handling wav files.  How about posting the
HTML?