[dba-Tech] CounterSpy Competitive upgrade

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri May 25 10:41:31 CDT 2007

Thanks John!

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 25-05-2007 17:33 >>>
Hi Gustav,
CounterSpy is normally $19.95. The annual renewal cost is $9.95. They offer
a fully functional 15 day trial so if I need to cleanup a PC that doesn't
have CS then I download the trial to do that. I've pretty much gone to
recommending AVG Free and CounterSpy for SOHOs. AT&T customers get to use
CA's AV for free so for them its CAAV and CounterSpy. (When Sunbelt
fortifies CounterSpy with a full AV database and is certified as AV then I
will evaluate dropping the additional AV product.) For business clients
we're using CA's SMB Security Suite. CA's anti-spyware is also very good.

CounterSpy v2 is truly second generation anti-spyware and has some
interesting new technologies built in such as "first scan" which is similar
to how an AV scans before windows boots up. I placed a write up about it on
the web at:
http://www.winhaven.net/security/spyware.html

Sunbelt also has (mostly) enterprise level products which is how I first got
involved with them.

I'm impressed with Sunbelt's support. Something I can't say about too many
software companies these days.