[dba-Tech] Vista transfer program

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:34:35 CST 2007

This article explains it.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Migrating-Vista-using-Windows-Easy-Transfer.html

Basically it's a key that the transfer program will assign for you
that you would then use to validate that you really want to do the
transfer. And if you wanted to start it up again later you would need
to reenter that key. You will be prompted at some point to Create a
new Key or enter an old key. If you don't have one already, you have
it create one and then you write that down so you can enter it again
on the other machine. I think. ;-)

GK