[dba-Tech] Excel and XML Exports

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:09:01 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I've downloaded an Excel Add-in called XML Tools and I'm trying to figure
out how to use it. I wanted to convert XL named ranges to XML Lists and then
have the toolkit generate the XSD files for them. The tool claims to be able
to do this, but I can't even get past an error right away that complains
about the range I selected having incompatible formatting and/or data types.
There's a button that says Convert but it doesn't seem to do anything. Then
suddenly there's a drop-down above each column in the range.

Anyone familiar with this stuff? Basically, I have several ranges in the XLS
file and I wanted to generate the XSD file for them, so I can export them as
XML files.

TIA,
Arthur

P.S.
Since it's Friday, why are rocks smarter than cats? Because when you kick
them, they don't come back.