[dba-Tech] Problem After New MoBo Installed

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sun Oct 14 12:44:57 CDT 2007

Hi Bryan,
I've done this before - I feel your pain brutha!

You should be able to run an install - repair option (not the recovery
option). It will then use the new drivers. Unless you are using an OEM
supplied XP disk, if it has SCSI or SATA drives be ready to supply the hard
disk drivers during startup. I suggest downloading them from the
manufacturer's site and copying them to a floppy before hand if not.

Because its the MOBO you will most likely have to re-activate XP (no big
deal).