[dba-Tech] Operating System not found

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Mon Oct 15 06:43:09 CDT 2007

got it back up, but I question whether this is the solution or just
temporarily working:

this PC has:
1 - one system drive = C: (IDE) - now replaced with a 300GB seagate
2 - two SCSI drives in a dynamic stripset =R:
3 - two SATA drives on an expansion board S:
4 - DVD burner
5 - Grapic card Saphire Radeon X1950 Pro
- Power supply Hiper HPU-4M670-SU (670 W, 720 W peak) - 5 separate outputs
for drives (1-5 above)

What I did so far:
disconnect power for the SCSI drives
result: works ok

now I exchanged the power connections of R: and S:
works ok and I am presently running Check on R:

The 5 +12V-outputs are speced 16A each, 5V is 30A
all 5 together max 465 W
assuming 2A per HD, this is roughly half the max allowance.

so, I'm a bit puzzled now, what else could be wrong??????????

Lembit