[dba-Tech] Operating System not found

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:14:15 CDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Lembit Soobik <lembit.dbamail at t-online.de> wrote:
> ok, now dont tell me computers have no soul or life of their own or an own
> will ;)
>
> exchanged the power cables back, and it is working fine still.
> so explain this:
> - the PC works ok yesterday till afternoon
> - then all of a sudden, it wont start (Operating system not found), checked
> it with 3 different HDs that all work.
> on all of these Acronis can see the disk and the directories on it.
> this morning again the same.
> - disconnect 1 pair of HDs and it works
> - exchange power connections and reconnect the HDs - still works
> - reexchange power connections, so its the same wiring and everything as
> yesterday afternoon and this morning,
> and the system still works fine. nothing is different from yesterday when it
> didnt work.
>
> and now, how do I find the problem????

My suggestion is to carefully check all the capacitors on the
Motherboard to make sure there are no burst one.

The Motherboard I just replaced was flakey. It would work then it
wouldn't. I could boot windows, then I couldn't. It would run for
hours then reboot after only a minute or two of use.

Turns out the MoBo had 11 or 12 burst or bulging capacitors. I guess
it took a power spike somewhere even though it was on UPS with power
conditioning.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"