[dba-Tech] Drawing Program

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Sep 23 21:25:37 CDT 2007

On 23 Sep 2007 at 9:41, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access  wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> We're contemplating a bathroom remodel.  I drew the existing bathroom on
> some graph paper.
>
> Now I'd like to lay out 4-5 different ideas.  So I'm looking for some
> software that would make it easy to do a few simple shapes, move them
> around, rotate them.  It's mostly rectangles at right angles - need a couple
> ovals for the loo and sinks.
>
> My first thought was Word - use the drawing feature.  Might be the easiest
> thing.
>
> Or Access - report design but no data - just boxes.
>
> Is there anything else simple that anybody can suggest - preferably
> something that's already hiding on my computer?

Grab a copy of Room Arranger version 3.26 (the last freeware version)
from http://www.aplusfreeware.com/misc/RoomArranger/index.html

<quote>
 This program is intended for designing room interiors. It allows you
to place furniture, items and other objects. You can additionally
move and rotate objects, change their colors and dimensions. But you
can also plan your entire flat, one floor of the house or a new
garden.
</quote>

Only 681KB download  and it's a really neat piece of software.