[dba-Tech] routers

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:34:28 CDT 2007

I have a Linksys WRT54GS.

Works fabulous for us. We get pretty good wireless connectivity
throughout the house even on 2nd floor which is 3 floors up from the
basement where the router is. And outside on the deck too although
that is closer to the router than the 2nd floor bedroom is. On sale
now at Best Buy for $69.99. The non-speed boster version WRT54G is
available there for $49.99  I've had it for 3 or 4 years now after my
previous wired router gave it's life in a power surge that came down
the line and fried port # 1.

I have only used Linksys since my first wired router and have had good
luck with them excepting that one issue when one port got zapped. That
same zap also killed the cable modem completely.. It was a rented one
though so that was not a big deal except I had to have a service call.
 But I don't have any experience with other brands. I just stick with
what I have used because it has worked.

GK