[dba-Tech] routers

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:15:49 CDT 2007

My wife and I love the ability to move around the house and even
outside with the laptops. Having only a wired connection would
severely restrict that movement. I have done work out in the garage,
out in the driveway, on the dining room table, on the kitchen table,
upstairs in the bedroom and out back on the deck. Depending on how far
away we are from the router the wireless connection is just as fast as
a wired connection for Internet browsing. It is as fast as the cable
modem connection speed is. For small print jobs you really don't
notice any speed difference either between wired and wireless. If we
were doing a lot of file sharing that would be different of course. I
usually use my laptop in the same office that the router is in and
could easily plug in a wire but really don't see a need to.
Occasionally I have to click on a "repair connection" option to get
connected when I come out of hibernation but that is very
infrequently, maybe once every 20 times.

You really had bad luck with wireless didn't you Rocky?  ;-)

I think Susan is concerned with having the wired connections to the
computers with her grandchildren running about and maybe tripping over
the wires.

GK

--
Gary Kjos