[dba-Tech] Vonage and other VOIP (Was routers)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 26 15:47:58 CDT 2007

I did like Vonage... until I needed tech support and then there was none.
When you NEED your phone and you NEED a reliable VPN and you couldn't have
both, well the phone had to go.  Vonage is one of those companies that
provide a basic service and if it works then you are happy.  If it doesn't
work then there is a mountain in your way and they are not going to be of
any help getting past it.

I used various VOIP services and they all had issues, mostly call quality.
I now use Comcast phone over cable.  So far I haven't had any issues but
Comcast does not have a stellar rep for tech support.  8-(

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting