[dba-Tech] upgrading RAM

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:40:29 CDT 2008

> I recommend 1 gig at a MINIMUM for Windows XP.  XP itself uses at around
> 256
> megs all by itself.  If you throw in Antiviruses, software firewalls,
> malware detectors and the like... well you get the picture.  If you
> multitask heavily (access, word and Office plus Outlook all open at the
> same
> time) then you should have much more.

=======I'm running Windows XP and honestly, with just the 256MB, things
aren't that bad. I've been working with this system since 02 or 03 (can't
remember). It just recently started to slow down. Multi-tasking is
limited -- I usually have Word and "something else" open -- but it seldom
gets busier than that.

Thanks for the information.

Susan H.