[dba-Tech] The 2008 "stuff"

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 11 12:03:43 CDT 2008

Hi John:

2008 requires certified drivers to work. As not every driver made has been
personally certified by MS it is impossible to find a system that 2008
actually will install without complaining.

When I first installed it it would not accept the brand-new video card so it
defaulted to 16bit VGA. I went into the device manager and installed one
driver after another from the disk that comes with the motherboard or from
the internet. Each time the system challenged me as to whether I wished to
install an uncertified driver... after that every has been working fine.

PS Watch out for the Fire-wall. It will block everthing... When running in
default you can not even pink the box.

HTH