[dba-Tech] The 2008 "stuff"

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sun Apr 13 20:54:19 CDT 2008

Here are some links that verify this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/cc296311.aspx?PDA=1
"Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 have a common heritage-they
originated as part of the same development effort at Microsoft (code name:
Longhorn), and share much of the same code base."

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb852234.aspx
"Windows Server 2008 and Windows VistaR, which share a common code base,
renew Microsoft's focus on enabling the development of modern applications
and services, whether they are written using the Win32R native programming
model or the .NET Framework managed programming model. Microsoft provides
the foundation for this by focusing on three main concepts:"

Bobby