[dba-Tech] Monitors...

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Apr 23 10:21:47 CDT 2008

Hi Bobby,
Mostly personal opinion from me.

I work on a lot of different monitors when doing onsite calls. I have found
very few places where there is no glare on the glossy monitors. I have some
eye problems so the glare really bothers me. You need almost perfect
conditions for them to shine - which they do - under those conditions :o)

I also do not like using the wide screen types. Other than web surfing I
have found no good purpose for them. I suppose movies would fit better but I
have a big TV for those. If you use remote access they can be a problem if
you don't have one on the calling machine too. But in general - I just don't
care for them. I had one for awhile. It was a quality Viewsonic and looked
beautiful but I actually turned it 90 degrees and found it to be more
functional that way :o) A couple months later I sold it to someone who
wanted a wide screen for whatever reason. A couple of months later she moved
it to one of her underlings and bought a new non-wide(?) screen. (She called
in remotely and it was a problem for her as her laptop did not support the
same resolutions as the wide screen.)

HTH
John B.