[dba-Tech] Thunderbird attachments

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 28 10:26:39 CDT 2008

Actually I remember now why I switched, I got tired of the Outlook
"setup from scratch shuffle".  I had to rebuild my laptop and outlook
only stores the addresses and emails in the main file, all the rest of
the stuff (signatures, email account info etc) is scattered all over
hell and back.

Outlook has been around for about 10 years now and if it still can't do
a complete "backup and restore everything" then it seems exceedingly
likely that it never will.

Firefox and thunderbird has a very nice little add-in which will capture
EVERYTHING and restore it later, or so they claim.