[dba-Tech] AntiVirXP08 Anybody Know About This?

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sun Aug 3 11:50:32 CDT 2008

Hi Gustav,
IME prevention is the key to these nasty things. CounterSpy and even more so
Vipre will prevent this and a high percentage of others from installing in
the first place. Removal tools like this are great for the immediate
remediation but IMO address the problem too late. Try Vipre - it's a new
generation of security tool, built from the ground up rather than pieced
together. I'd been beta testing it for about 6 months before they finally
released it to the public. Quite amazing the low resource use it takes but
the effectiveness of it. And it will only get better. They're pumping a lot
of work into new generation of threats and detecting rootkits early on and
such. They also have the capability of adding port control (firewall) into
Vipre. Its an exciting new, lean and mean security tool. The current version
of CounterSpy is still the second generation tool, it will be upgraded
shortly to be the new leaner and even more effective.

John B.