[dba-Tech] Nevermind Fw: Future of traditional Windows

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 4 14:40:15 CDT 2008

I have been involved with a large project which entails the rolling out of
over 175,000 computers. Each computer comes with a full copy of Vista and we
just image right over the top of it... what a waste of money but the
hardware supplier had not choice as they were locked into a supply agreement
that would not even allow them to leave the OS off even if they wanted to.

I bet all these computers being rolled out are being added to MS Vista sales
figures.