[dba-Tech] doc sharing software - recommended tool?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 1 00:56:53 CST 2008

Hi Kath

1. Google Docs, though I'm not sure about the check-in/check-out requirement. Also, "version control" is simple: Manual, and latest version is on-line.

2. (Microsoft Office) Groove 2007.

If you decide for a tool, please tell us.

/gustav

>>> kpelletti at chubb.com 01-12-2008 05:00 >>>
Hi everybody - I have temporarily re-subscribed (new job going well) so I
can ask you all if you have a tip on this......
I am looking for some (preferably freeware) software to allow users in my
dept and in Singapore to share some requirement docs. At the moment
multiple stakeholders are all making changes to the one requirements doc
across the network and that could go pear shaped pretty quickly.

Features I need are:

- Checkin/out (only one editable version at one time)
- Version control

We already share docs across the network but need a tool to provide some
level of control.
TIA

Kath
Kath Pelletti | Business Analyst |