[dba-Tech] WinServer2003 vs. WinServer 2008

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 8 10:49:49 CST 2008

Hi John

I don't think so. My colleague tells that the main feature of the SBS version of the 2008 is that it is easier and faster to configure than SBS 2003. This includes the remote access to the fileserver which now is a snap to configure. Don't know about the "standard" server.

We've just received the latest issue of the Action Pack - filled with Small Business and Essential Business Server 2008 stuff. If you don't subscribe, I can strongly recommend to do so.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 08-12-2008 17:22 >>>
I've been monitoring the list and it appears that Jim, Gustav and a number
of others here have been using WinServer 2008 for awhile now.

My question is this - if one only uses WinServer for file serving, is there
any advantage (or disadvantage) to WS2008 over WS2003?

TIA
John B