[dba-Tech] WinServer2003 vs. WinServer 2008

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Dec 8 14:35:02 CST 2008

Hi Gustav,
Thanks.

I have MSDN Universal so I have all of this but am looking for reasons (I
haven't considered) to either keep a customer on WS2003 or move to WS2008.
Budgets are tight around there right now so if there isn't any compelling
reason to do so then I think we'll stick with a simple migration from the
old server to the new one with WS2003.

Earlier this year I was thinking we go to SBS2008 because I thought we'd be
moving their db to SQL server and the 64 bit capabilities would shine. But
it appears this won't be happening and the WS2003 would suffice other than
its getting old and they had budgeted for this year. Next year that budget
item may not be there.

John B.